Saturday, April 24, 2010

Contamination!!!!





In news from my doctor this week!, turns out I am a carrier of group B strep. Which for me means, I don't have any symptoms or problems but I have to get antibiotics while I'm in labour so I don't pass it on to the baby through the birth canal. For an adult there are little to no problems, for a baby it could be deadly. So needless to say I'm a bit worried but mostly upset. I was really hoping to tough out most of my labour at home and have very little medical intervention for my labour. Now I have to be hooked up to a damn I.V during the labour and if my water breaks I have to go to the hospital right away.

In other news, we have begun the process of washing up all the babies clothes and bedding and I have sterilised the feeding equipment and breast pump. As for the state of the rest of the house......forecast is not so good. I also have to get my arse in high gear and pack my hospital suitcase I'm pretty sure that's not something you'll want to worry about last minute. The closer we get to B-day (baby day)the longer our to do list starts to look!.

No comments: